We check a broad array of lists to ensure a good starting IP reputation for Helm users. A few lists cannot be checked prior to setup and occasionally the IP address we assign appears on a blocklist.
Once common blocklist service used by many companies (iCloud for example) is Proofpoint.
To check if your IP has appeared on Proofpoint's blocklist and submit for removal, follow these short steps.
- In the Helm app, go to Domain > DNS Records > helm.[yourdomain.com]. > Values. Take note of the IP address listed here.
- Go to https://ipcheck.proofpoint.com/
- Enter in your IP (from #1) and look it up.
- If it isn't blocked, you're all set! If it says it is currently blocked, complete the form to submit a support ticket. In the additional details section you can put "New email server used for personal correspondence.”
- If your request is accepted it will be removed within 24-48 hours. If it is not accepted, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance. Include any troubleshooting steps you have taken so far.
A couple blocklists cannot be checked and can only be responded to if you receive an error message. SecureServer.net, used by GoDaddy, is one such service. If you receive a rejection notice from SecureServer.net, use this link to submit a removal request: https://unblock.secureserver.net/