Helm supports multiple User Accounts and multiple Email Accounts (addresses) for each user. When creating a new user account, a new email account is created next, followed by a new user device.
Primary Email & User Account
The first account you set up as part of the Helm initial setup is both your primary (admin) User Account and Email Account.
- During setup of Helm you are prompted to choose your Username, which will automatically also become your primary Email Account.
- Example: username "john" at domain "mydomain.net" will be the Email Account "email@example.com."
- This Primary Account is the only account with administration abilities. See User Account Access Levels for features available to the Primary Account User versus additional users.
- User Accounts can be added for anyone who wants to use Helm services including Email, Calendar & Contacts, and Files.
- Additional users do not need access to the Helm app to be able to use Helm services since the Primary Account owner can make changes to a user account. Users can download and log in to their Helm account if they have proximity to the Helm.
Adding and Modifying a User Account
- User Accounts are created and managed under the User Management section of the Helm app.
- For each user you can add an unlimited number of email addresses across any email domains you have on the Helm.
- Additional users can also add email aliases, import external accounts, and create multiple device passwords through the Helm app.
Every Helm User Account can have unlimited email accounts (addresses) added to it. The same email account cannot be added to multiple users.
Add a new email account to my user account: Menu > Email > Create a new email account
Add a new email account to another user's account: Menu > User Management > select user > Email, Calendar and Contacts > Create a new email account
Once an email account has been created, tap on the email account to open the Email Details page. From here you can add aliases for that email, import an external account (Gmail, Yahoo, etc.), or get the Device Credentials to add the email account to the mail client of your choice.
Devices & Device Passwords
Device passwords are unique to each user and allow a user to access all Helm services on a particular device (iPad, Android phone, work Laptop, etc.)
This allows a user to delete a device and sign out of all Helm services on that device without affecting access to Helm services on other devices.
Add a new device to my user account: Menu > Account & Devices > Add a new device or client
Add a new device to another user's account: Menu > User Management > select user > Account and Devices > Add a new device or client
Once a new device has been created, to access the device password, go to the service you want to use. For example, go to Files, select the device, and view the Credentials.