This article is for the newest app update available 2/28 for iOS and Android
Your personal email server supports adding an unlimited number of additional users. Adding a new user account creates a new email address for this user on your domain as well as the associated calendar and contacts services.
Users can add their new account to their own devices and mail clients without requiring proximity to the Helm. To setup the Helm app however, users do need proximity to the Helm.
To Be Completed By the Admin
- To create a new account, go to Menu > User Management > Add New User Account.
- Create the account. Enter the user's First and Last name, a Username, and a Password. Remember the password as it will be needed if the user chooses to download and use the Helm app. The name and username cannot be edited later.
- Create an email address. If you have multiple email domains, select the email domain you would like to add an email address to. The email address you choose cannot already exist as an email address or email alias.
- Configure User's Device. If you would like to add a new device for this user you can do so at this time. Otherwise, choose "Later."
- Provide your new user with their account information and device credentials. They will use the devices credentials and connection info to add their email account to their chosen client.
To Be Completed by the Newly Added User
For users who want to download the Helm app and have proximity to the Helm:
- Ask the new user to install the Helm app. The user must be in physical proximity to the Helm to complete these steps.
- The new user can then log into their new Helm account using the credentials you established.
- To complete setup, they simply need to follow the prompts in the respective setup app
The new user can now configure their email, calendar and contacts client on their device and use their new account.
For users who do not have proximity to the Helm:
- Give the new email address and connection info for the account to the user.
- Have them choose an email client to use with their email address. (Many people use the default ones provided on their phones, laptops, etc.)
- Use the devices credentials and connection info to add their email account to their chosen client.