In the unlikely event that a Helm server is stolen or damaged through a disaster, a new replacement server can be quickly brought online with an account restored from your encrypted backups.
Here's an overview of what that process might look like. Exact steps may differ based on the scenario.
- Customer contacts Helm Support to report an issue with their Helm server.
- Support works with the customer to troubleshoot and send a new Helm server if necessary.
- Once the new unit has arrived, plug in the Helm. It will power up automatically.
- Open the Helm app. Go to Settings > Helm > Restore. Pair with the Helm as was done during setup.
- Once paired, the domain for the account that's being restored will show. Tap Continue.
- During the restore process, the LED will flash green and white. Once complete, it will be solid white.
- The Helm app will notify you that your account has been restored. Email delivery will then resume.