Depending on your Yahoo settings, you may run into an error when trying to import messages from your account.
To ensure a seamless import, you will need to change a few of your Yahoo Account settings.
From your Yahoo Account page
- Select Account Security
- Enable Two-Step Verification https://login.yahoo.com/account/security
- Select a verification step (voice or text message is recommended)
- Generate an App Password
- Take note of this password as you will need it in the Helm App
From the Helm App
Once you have made your Yahoo Account changes, you may import your Yahoo account.
- Start the Helm app
- On the Settings screen, tap on Email
- On the following screen, select Import Account from the Accounts section
- Select Yahoo from the following screen
- Enter the User Name for the account you want to import from (ex: "lucy" from "firstname.lastname@example.org"
- For the password, use the newly created App Password from your Yahoo Account page
- Tap on Next to begin import
- You will be returned to the Email screen and can view the status of the import under the Imported Accounts section
Due to data limitations from Yahoo, your Helm will only be able to download about 1 GB of data per day. It may take several days for all of your data to import.