Since your email is effectively the root of your online identity, migrating an email account away from a cloud-based service (e.g. Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo mail) is a great place to start taking back control of your data.
Migrating your data begins with importing your messages into your new Helm account. Once your messages have been imported and your contacts have been given your new email address, you can delete emails from your previous service and delete your account entirely.
Follow these recommended steps for a smooth import and migration process:
- Before importing, begin updating your contacts and services to inform them of your new email address. This can also be done by setting an automatic reply with your email provider.
- Once email traffic has begun to diminish, you can begin importing your data through a one-time import.
- Migrating your data begins with importing your messages into your new Helm account. Importing creates a 'copy' or backup of the messages hosted with your email service and does not erase any messages nor delete your account. To begin importing an existing email account:
- Open the Helm app.
- Go to Settings > Email > Import Account.
- Select the type of account and follow the prompts.
- Once you have verified that your email has been migrated, you can safely delete the messages from your old service. If an additional import needs to be made, this can be done manually in the app.
- Set your old email service to forward messages to your new address. This will ensure that any mails sent to your old account will be delivered to you at your new email address.
- The last and final step is to delete your account.
- Congrats! Your emails are no longer in the cloud.