These steps should be followed for setting up Mac OS Mail on a single Mac device. If you have multiple Mac devices and have them set up to sync accounts automatically, follow the steps at the end to enable your Helm email on additional Mac devices.
Adding your Helm email account to Mail
- Get the Connection Info for your Helm email address in the Helm app. This is the password and info you will need for Step 6.
- In the Helm app under "Email," select the email address you would like to add to a client, then select the device you want Device Credentials for.
- If this is for another user, go to User Management > select User > Email, Calendar and Contacts > select Email > select Device
- Open the Mac Mail App
- Click "Mail" in the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Click "Add Account"
- Click "Other Mail Account" then "Continue"
- Type in your Helm email address. Type in the device password displayed on the "Connection Info" page on the Helm App.
- Click "Sign in"
- You will be prompted with the following dialogue box:
- Fill out all of the fields using the information shown in the "Connection Info" page again. Your username should be the full email address, including the domain.
- Click "Sign in"
Adding the same Helm email account to multiple Mac devices
If you have multiple Mac devices and have them set up to sync your accounts, you do not need to complete the above steps to add your email to other devices.
- Confirm you have successfully added your Helm email account to your first Mac device.
- On the next Mac device, go to System Preferences > Internet Accounts.
- Your Helm account should be listed on the left. Click on the account. Confirm "Mail" is checked.
- Open the Mail app. Go to Preferences > Accounts.
- Click on the account. Check the box that says "Enable this account"
- You should now be able to send and receive email from your second Mac device.
Please sign in to leave a comment.