To add a new email account on the Windows 10 Mail App, follow these steps.
1. Get the Connection Info for your Helm email address in the Helm app. This is the password and info you will need for Step 7.
- In the Helm app under "Email," select the email address you would like to add to a client, then select the device you want Device Credentials for.
- If this is for another user, go to User Management > select User > Email, Calendar and Contacts > select Email > select Device
2. On your Windows device, open the Mail App (the Windows Email application). Under Settings > Manage Accounts, click "Add account."
3. You'll be prompted to select what type of account you are adding:
4. Select "Advanced Setup." Do NOT select "Other Account," as it will complicate the setup process.
5. You'll then be prompted to choose between two kinds of accounts: Exchange ActiveSync and Internet email.
6. Select "Internet Email."
7. Input your Helm mail settings using the information shown in the Helm mobile app. Make sure all optional settings at the bottom are checked.
Email address: [username]@[domain]
Password: password shown in Helm mobile app
Account name: [domain]
Send your messages using the name: your full name
Incoming email server: helm.[domain]:993
Account type: IMAP4
Outgoing (SMTP) email server: helm.[domain]:587
8. Sign in. You're all setup!