Importing from Gmail is simple with Helm.
From the Helm App
- Open the Helm app.
- Go to Mail > Email.
- Select the email address you would like to import an account to.
- Under Imported External Accounts select Import Account.
- Select Google from the following screen. You'll be asked to give Helm permission to access the account.
- Enter or select the Email address for the account you want to import from.
- Enter your Gmail password when prompted then tap Next.
- You will be to returned the Email screen in the Helm app and can view the status of the import under the Imported Accounts section.
Due to data limitations from Google, your Helm will only be able to download about 1 GB of data per day. It may take several days for all of your data to import.
Restarting an import will pick up from where it left off; it will not import duplicate messages.
If you had previously tried importing a Gmail account and failed, tap on the Failure notification in the dashboard. Tap "Start Import Now." The import will start and will show as In Progress.